How do I make an effective homework/assignment/study plan?-1

Helpful hints on how to study and how to learn. What to do, what not to do.

Moderators: Zyrell, TchTerri

How do I make an effective homework/assignment/study plan?-1

Postby DEEH » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:59 am

I do not understand how to make an effective homework/assignment/study plan. So I have a few questions:

1. What is every single step in making an effective homework/assignment/study plan?

2. How I am supposed to make a homework/assignment/study plan at the beginning of the week if I do not know what daily homework I will get and when I will get assignments?

3. I understand that it is best to study subjects in 'blocks' or 'periods'. How many blocks should I be doing each day?

4. How do I work out what subjects to study each day? How many times should I study a subject each week?

Thanks so much!
DEEH

Re: How do I make an effective homework/assignment/study pla

Postby MsTutor » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:51 pm

I think you are trying to make a reactive study plan rather than a "planning ahead" study plan. If you plan ahead, you can anticipate what your teacher will cover. Not that you will have it exactly as it will occur, but it will have you prepared for class. Please read the article I wrote on study tips to be a successful student.

In addition, you might want to check out some of the suggestions at this study guide
http://studygs.net/

It has time management and other suggestions.

DEEH wrote:I do not understand how to make an effective homework/assignment/study plan. So I have a few questions:

1. What is every single step in making an effective homework/assignment/study plan?

2. How I am supposed to make a homework/assignment/study plan at the beginning of the week if I do not know what daily homework I will get and when I will get assignments?

3. I understand that it is best to study subjects in 'blocks' or 'periods'. How many blocks should I be doing each day?

4. How do I work out what subjects to study each day? How many times should I study a subject each week?

Thanks so much!
MsTutor
PATH Tutor

Re: How do I make an effective homework/assignment/study pla

Postby Writeacher » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 pm

I do not understand how to make an effective homework/assignment/study plan. So I have a few questions:

Thanks so much!

There are several websites in this section of the PATH boards with excellent ideas for you to customize. This one, however, is the one I think is the absolute best:
http://www.pinkmonkey.com/electricdesk/elec-desk.asp

Let us know what you come up with.
Writeacher
PATH Assistant Room Leader

Return to Study Tips